Friday, November 21, 2008

My First Flight

I’m sure my Mommy told you how relaxing our vacation was and how she had an opportunity to review her priorities and enjoy the little blessings in life. Now that vacation is over, she’s really busy planning a year-end event at work and she doesn’t look as relaxed as she did in Cancun. I’m trying to help her out, so I’m posting on her blog today. It’s just one less thing she still has to do before we can play with my Magna-Doodle together, so I’m happy to help.

I know you want to hear all about our vacation, but I have to tell you about the airplane ride first. Mommy & Daddy took me to the airport a couple of weeks before our trip so I could explore. They were very nervous about my first flight. I heard them wonder aloud how I was going to sit on an airplane for a couple of hours when I can’t even sit through church quietly for ten minutes. I suppose they just don’t understand how hard it is to be quiet when you have as much to say as I do. I really don’t understand why the Pastor is allowed to talk as much as he wants, but I’m not allowed to talk at all. Don’t you think God wants to hear me, too?

The morning of our trip, Mommy woke me up really early. She usually gets mad at me if I want to wake up at 4:30am, but it was alright on trip day because it was her idea. She asked me again and again if I was ready to ride the airplane, and I just looked at her like she was crazy because airplanes are way up in the sky and they’re really small. Either way, I could sense that we were going on an adventure, so I played along.

After a quick car ride to the airport, we got to ride a shuttle bus from the parking lot to the terminal. I was so excited about the bus ride! When we got off the bus, we had to wait in line to send our luggage onto the airplane. I had lots of fun running around the queuing line. Everyone loved watching me run around and I know they did because I saw lots of smiles and giggles from the people I ran past.

After our bags were gone, we waited in another long line. At the end of the line, I had to take off my shoes and walk to a policeman, which was kind of strange. I didn’t mind, though, because there was a big window next to the line and I could look outside and see a huge airplane! I didn’t want to leave that window.

After we were done waiting in lines, Mommy & Daddy let me run all over the waiting area. I was darting in and out and left and right and up and down the terminal. I was entertaining folks again, which I suppose is just my job. After I got bored with that, we saw an airplane getting ready to leave. I stood in the window and watched the luggage get loaded on the plane and I watched other people walk down the tunnel and get onboard. I was so interested in watching that plane that I argued with Mommy & Daddy when it was time to get on our airplane.

I was supposed to be a lap child, but our airplane wasn’t full, so I got my very own seat. I was obsessed with buckling and unbuckling my seat belt, so I did that for the entire time we were waiting to take off. The sun was just starting to rise that morning as we taxied on the runway, so I could watch out the window as other planes took off. Our plane started to move very fast, which reminded me of a race car, which was really cool. Suddenly, we were up in the clouds, which was very interesting, but not as interesting as my seat belt.

I spent a couple of hours playing with Mommy & Daddy. They packed a big bag of my favorite toys and books and they even brought a couple of toys I never saw before! I really loved having Mommy & Daddy’s attention all to myself. After about 2 hours, I told Mommy that I was “All done,” but she said we were flying over the ocean and couldn’t get off the plane right away. I started to argue with her, but then she promised to sing the Winnie the Pooh song to me if I cuddled with her. I love that song, so I grabbed my blankie and my doggie and cuddled up with Mommy. She sang me to sleep and I napped for the last hour of our flight.

When we got to the new airport, I got to ride an elevator and we waited in line for immigration and customs. I love lines because there are lots of bored people to entertain there. After that, we got on a big tour bus with huge windows and we took a two hour bus ride to our resort. I loved looking out the windows because Mexico looks so much different than Cleveland. I liked it.

We had a really long day. Mommy told me that we were traveling for a total of 7 hours and I didn’t cry once! Mommy & Daddy were shocked. I’m such a big boy. I would love to ride on an airplane again. I want to go on the airport parking shuttle bus, too.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

That was too cute. I am amazed that he did so well since most kids that age wouldn't. See mom, you had nothing to worry about.