Friday, December 21, 2007

Mommy's Only Christmas Wish

I love to sleep.

Ever since I can remember, I have loved sleep. I can sleep anywhere and anytime. I can sleep in a car, on a plane, in a movie theater, anywhere. I even slept during labor between contractions only an hour before my son was born. I wouldn’t believe it myself, but witnesses say I was even snoring.

So you can only imagine my agony since I haven’t been able to sleep through the night for the past 9 months, 2 weeks and 5 days.

Baby loves to nurse. He battles the bottle all day at daycare and has never drank more than 9 ounces a day. Since he started solid foods, he is only drinking 6 ounces a day. You would think that he would drive his daycare teachers crazy with his antics, but they say he is darn cute, so that is his saving grace.

Since he doesn’t drink all day, he is very excited to see Mommy after work. He nurses constantly in the evenings and usually wakes up at least once a night to nurse again. This hasn’t been so bad because, like I said, I can sleep anywhere. I usually sit in the rocking chair in the nursery to feed him and we both fall asleep there. I’m only actually awake for a couple of minutes, so life hasn’t been so bad for the last few months.

Until now.

Baby has decided that he loves the middle-of-the-night nursing so much that he should do it more often. He is waking up several times a night and refusing to go back to the crib.

I’ll admit that I let this kid get away with a lot because I have Working Mommy Guilt, but I’m at the end of my rope. Mommy is really cranky right now.

Since Daddy doesn’t like Mommy to be really cranky, we have decided that it is time to wean Baby from the middle-of-the-night milkfest. No more num-nums after 11:00pm. Daddy will be waking up with Baby and offering only a bottle of water beginning tonight.

Please pray for us. I really need this to work!

No comments: