Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Confession

Women love to complain about stupid things their husbands do. There is a certain camaraderie to be found in the trials and tribulations of marriage, and I think that is what compels us to gripe.

You may be expecting a ranting post about my husband’s incompetence, but what you will actually get is a confession of a stupid thing that I did that caused a stupid argument that is ruining my day. I need to purge because I just have this feeling that when nothing is right at home, then nothing is right in the world. I’d talk to my husband about this, but he is mad at me right now.

The morning started innocently enough.

Maybe because I was the only person awake.

I woke up 30 minutes later than I planned. I still had enough time to get ready for work and leave the house on time, but I wouldn’t be able to get ready at a leisurely pace. Since being on time for work is an issue that I struggle with daily, this wasn’t too promising, but it wasn’t an emergency yet.

I took a shower and woke up Hubby so he could shower when I was done. He asked me if Little King David slept through the night again. He did sleep through the night. Four times in a row! Hubby asked me if I checked to make sure he was alright.

I immediately envisioned my precious baby strangled by his beloved blankie, lying blue-faced in his crib while his negligent mother pranced around her closet wondering what to wear.

I crept into his dimly lit room to check on my little wonder. He slept soundly in his crib. I started to wonder if he was sleeping too soundly. Was he breathing? I watched and waited. I couldn’t see his chest moving because he was sleeping on his tummy. I gently placed my hand on his back.

His little head popped right up and his eyes slammed open.

Damn it.

I scooped him up, marched into my bedroom where Hubby was still rubbing sleep from his eyes, and exclaimed,

“GREAT!! THE BABY IS AWAKE. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I KNEW IT WAS A BAD IDEA TO CHECK ON HIM. NOW I WILL BE LATE FOR WORK. I NEVER SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO YOU.”

Oops.

So, Hubby is not exactly speaking with me this morning.

To make matters worse, he helped us get ready for work and daycare this morning and I actually got to my desk EARLY today.

I’m such an idiot sometimes.

Does this ever happen to you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mmmm, yeah. Happens all the time. And it's always my fault. My hubby is so mild mannered and easy-going. I'm so high strung! Poor guy. I'm so thankful he puts up with me!