Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thinking Too Hard

As you can see from my absence, it was obviously a mistake to think that I should take an accelerated course for my college degree program this summer. Obviously it would be a mistake to assume that a class about thinking should be easy because I have been thinking for over 28 years already, so what could there possibly be to learn?

I have spent the last several weeks trying to read the ramblings of Plato, Aesara of Lucania, Rene Descartes and William James. I know you don’t really care what I’ve been reading, but I’m hoping that Google will find the names of these philosophers so that the next poor soul that skips the readings and tries to find brief summaries of their work on the internet will find me and realize that they are not alone.

I must have been feeling over-confident when I registered for this class, or I must have forgotten that I have a toddler at home, that I work full-time, that we are remodeling our bathroom and replacing our roof this summer, or that the bonus daughters spend the summer with us, or that we were going camping, or that my Dad was coming for a visit, or that I need to clean my house and buy some groceries before we all starve.

The good news is that I have a final exam this weekend and then I am done with this class. Once that is over, I’ll finally have time for more important things.

Like blogging.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope your exam went well! At least you get to use your brain. I feel like mine is turning to mush. I do crossword puzzles to keep the mind from freezing up!!