Friday, April 11, 2008

Gerber Graduates Lil Sticks

My name is David. Today, I am going to tell you all about a mean thing my Mommy did to me. You won’t cry when you are done reading this, but it makes me want to cry when I think about it.

I like to eat and I like to try new foods. Sometimes, I don’t really like the new foods that are on my plate, but I do love the new foods on Mommy’s and Daddy’s plates. Grown-up food is better than baby food. We all know that!

Sometimes Mommy forgets that I am a big boy now and she tries to buy Gerber food for me. Gerber encourages her to have these thoughts by selling Gerber Graduates food. It’s baby food for big kids like me that don’t need baby food anymore.

Since I was in the 10th percentile for weight at my last well child visit, which is just another name for a day filled with pain and tears, Mommy tries to feed me as much protein and fat as she can. She uses lots of sneaky tricks to do it, too.

Her latest idea was to feed me Gerber Graduates Lil’ Sticks. They are meat sticks in a jar, and they come in lots of flavors, like chicken, turkey, and mystery meat.

I’m here to tell you that I’d rather eat a dust bunny than eat a Lil’ Stick. They are good for smashing and smooshing and smearing, but I can’t think of anything else.

Sorry, Gerber. Lil’ Sticks taste like Lil’ Turds.

That’s my two cents!

4 comments:

Smarty Pants Mama said...

Oh, David! My Isabella feels your pain! When her mommy is in a crunch the Gerber Graduates tv-dinner type things come on out! Isabella loves them though. Based on your advice we may need to stay clear of theose vienna sausage things!

Unknown said...

They look gross, so we will take your word for it!

What a cute post! Have a great weekend!

Melissa said...

oh gosh, my kids hated them too!! They would smash them up and make a mess, and the smell was disgusting!
Katelyn does love the gerber ravioli though!!

SAHMmy Says said...

HaHaHa! Now I know what they did with the old Vienna Sausages--slapped a Gerber label on 'em!