Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Vote For Me!

Just the other day, I asked you for suggestions for my Mother’s Day Wishlist. Many of you suggested a Spa Day, but I must admit that I’ve never been to a spa before. In fact, the last time I got my hair trimmed was June 2007 and the occasion was my infant son’s baptism. I’ve never had a manicure or a pedicure. EVER.

The thought has crossed my mind that I might enjoy a little pampering. Growing up, my mother never showed me how to curl my hair or apply make-up. She was a little busy struggling with her own mental illness to worry about whether or not I had an appropriate up-do for the prom. I still mourn the moments I wanted to share with my mom but those moments were stolen by her disease.

This Mother’s Day, I have been given an opportunity to enjoy the spa day that I’ve never had. I recently entered a Mother’s Day Makeover Contest hosted by a local television station and I’m one of three finalists!

The only thing I need to win this contest is YOUR VOTE!

What do you get out of this deal? The amusement of seeing my before and after photos of course! Just imagine, I’ll be spending at least a week blogging about my hair instead of blogging about the contents of my son’s diapers. That alone should be incentive enough for you!

Go here to vote.

Tell everyone you know to vote, too!

When you’re done, come back here and tell me that I’m winning!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I just voted for you! Hope you win!!!

Unknown said...

Done!! Woohoo! Can't wait to see all those before and after shots WHEN you win!