I was tagged by Heather at Not a DIY Life for a meme. Hurray! Just when I thought I ran out of things to ramble about, God sends manna from heaven. Except this isn’t manna, it’s a meme!
The rules for this meme are:
(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) List the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged.
This is absolutely perfect because I knew that you were dying to know six more useless factoids about lil’ ol’ me, weren’t ya? I won’t blush if you admit it.
1. I got married when I was 19 years old and my husband is 16 years older than me. GASP! I just love to shock folks. Can you believe that I was naïve enough to invite my Daddy to my wedding before he met my dear husband and I expected him to be excited? I’m blessed that my father is very supportive of all my decisions, my marriage included. I can only imagine the thoughts and fears he must have kept to himself, but it’s all good. Eight years later, I’m still married to the same gorgeous man with no end in sight. My Dad has also grown to adore dear hubby, so it’s a win-win situation for all of us!
2. My hair is not really red and it’s not really curly. Well, it is a little wavy, but the curl is a perm. This is why I laugh hysterically when folks tell me that Baby has Mommy’s hair. Actually, Mommy has Clairol and Baby has Daddy’s hair. Daddy has brown hair, but his goatee is red. Isn’t that cute?!
3. I suppose this wasn’t meant to be six confessions, but I’m on a roll.
4. I was born in Florida, but I do actually love the snow and I have no desire to move back to a tropical climate. I love to cuddle up in the house, light candles, wear slippers, drink hot coffee, go sled-riding, take a steaming hot shower and hop out onto ice-cold tiles, scrape ice off the windshield of my car, wear gloves, and on and on and on. I love the change of seasons and I love the way God washes the whole world in white after a snowstorm. No matter where you are, the great outdoors looks pure and clean. Besides that, I really hate to sweat. I absolutely abhor sweating. Why do you think I love going to the gym so much? (note: read the sarcasm in my voice)
5. I’m shy, despite my career in Human Resources. And yes, I did meet dear hubby while I was working as a waitress at Denny’s during college. Imagine his surprise when he discovered my shyness! I am most comfortable in situations where people expect me to be out-going. People expect their waitress to be friendly and initiate conversations with them. People expect their Human Resources department to be full of humane and sympathetic folks. Just please don’t expect me to chat up the cashier at the grocery store or start up a conversation with my seat-mate on the bus. Terrifying!
6. I’m a step-mom. The focus of my blog is my baby-addiction, but I also have two bonus daughters that I don’t mention often here, so it’s possible that you may have overlooked that fact. I could talk about my addiction to adolescent angst, but I would be lying to you. We are currently enjoying that stage of adolescence that makes parents wonder why they had kids in the first place. It makes us look at Baby and imagine him hating us in 12 short years. It’s enough to make me cry, but I assure myself that Baby will never hate me. All the parents of teenagers are falling off their butts laughing at me right now.
Gosh, that was fun!
Now I have to tag six random folks to jump in on this meme. And the victims are (drumroll, please) :
4 Little Men. She is addicted to her boys just as much as I am addicted to mine, but she has more skill with her camera than I do. Go check out her blog and see why I have photo envy.
SAHMmy Says. This girl is so wise and always offers legit advice. I can’t wait to hear six more things that are on her mind!
Plain Jane Mom. She tells it like it is. I’m always thinking the world could use a little more honesty, so I enjoy reading her musings. I’m sure you will, too!
I Should Be Folding Laundry. Her blog title says it all. You gotta love a fellow procrastinator.
Chased by Children. This gal has a wicked sense of humor. I’m laughing already just at the idea of reading six of her random thoughts.
Mr. and Mrs. Get Fit. I would love to read six things they know about weight loss. Heaven knows I need some inspiration!
Thanks again to Heather at Not a DIY Life for inspiring my post!