Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Just In Case You Ever Wonder

Our family has several traditions for celebrating Easter, but one of my favorites is the Easter baskets for the kids.

Rather than fill their baskets with Marshmallow Peeps and Chocolate Bunnies, our kids get hand-made chocolate candy that our Youth Ministry makes every spring and sells as a fundraiser to help a needy family or local charity. Since my bonus daughters are teenagers now, they are the kids making the candy and it gives them great pride to munch on their own handiwork.

The Easter Bunny also brings them a small gift. It is always something that reminds them of the meaning of Easter. They usually get a devotional or a Christian music CD.

We have continued this tradition with Baby and I’m really excited about the book the Easter Bunny is bringing him this year.

It is Just In Case You Ever Wonder by Max Lucado.

It is a board book that is beautifully written and illustrated. I read it when it came in the mail yesterday and I was in tears by the time I was done. We all know that’s not difficult to believe because I am a sentimental train wreck lately, but I just had to share this with you because it would be a perfect gift for parents expecting a new baby or for your own little love.

Read this excerpt from the book and tell me it’s not beautiful:


Max Lucado puts into words the thoughts that are in every parent’s heart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a wonderful book! We would always make our own Easter chocolates too. Great memories!