Thursday, January 10, 2008

Beautiful Baby Bumps

I was waiting in line at CVS the other day (I know, just days ago I vowed to boycott CVS, but I was on my 30-minute lunch break, it was the closest store to work, and I just absolutely had to find a new sippy cup to make Baby drink something, anything at all at daycare so I broke my promise not to shop there).

What was my original thought? Oh, yeah. I was waiting in line at CVS and saw this magazine on the rack featuring Christina Aguilera in all her pregnant glory. I really could care less about most celebrities, but I am a huge fan of baby bumps and this picture just reminded me of how much I miss my own.

I always wanted to be a tummy-baring pregnant lady, but it just didn’t seem appropriate given my circle of conservative friends, acquaintances, neighbors and co-workers. Even though I didn’t become an exhibitionist while pregnant, I was quite comfortable chilling in a sports bra and yoga pants at home with my baby bump on display. I also took pictures of my baby belly every couple of weeks to chronicle the journey.

I’m not sure if I miss my baby bump because it was so darn cute or because the aftermath is so darn scary.

No comments: