Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Chocolate Addiction

I admit, I keep a stash of Hershey’s Bliss Dark Chocolate in my bedroom armoire. A girl needs to indulge from time to time, right?

Last weekend, David saw Mommy take a piece of chocolate from the stash. Since he has a primal instinct that forces him to taste everything that anyone eats, he naturally needed to taste the chocolate. Needless to say, he loved it and convinced Mommy to let him eat four pieces of it. I won’t disgust you with a description of his diaper contents the next day.

Last night, he grabbed Mommy by the hand and led her to the bedroom. He pointed to the armoire and signed “more.”

Mommy asked if David wanted chocolate. David nodded his head, “Yes! Yes!”

Mommy said, “I know you want chocolate. You can not have it.”

David threw himself on the floor and screamed.

I suppose addictions can be contagious after all…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm surprised he liked the bitterness of dark chocolate. Most kids don't like that.

I've had to curtail my own chocolate addiction for the same reasons, and I'm just ready for another chocolate addict in the house!