Friday, May 2, 2008

Last Chance to Vote!

If you came to this blog thinking that I’d be sharing amusing stories about my kid just because the site is called Baby Addiction, you’re certainly wrong this week. This week, it’s all about Mommy.

I entered a Mother’s Day Makeover Contest that is being hosted by a local television station, and now I’m wondering what the heck I was thinking. Maybe I was pondering the fact that I haven’t had a haircut since last June or maybe I was staring at my roots in the mirror wondering why they are such a pretty shade of brown, but the rest of my hair is red. Maybe I was seduced by the promise of FREE CLEANING SERVICE. What mother doesn’t deserve a maid? I’m embarrassed to admit that one of my son’s favorite hobbies is chewing on dust bunnies. I think he does it just to taunt me.

I entered this contest with very high hopes, but I just realized that I must appear on local television during a live broadcast to participate.

Me.

On television.

While people are watching.

Oh My God.

Since I’m committed to this now, please, please, please have pity on me. Don’t let me embarrass myself on local television! My co-workers are recording this on Tivo!

Today is the last day to vote. The contest allows one vote per email address per day, so if you have already voted, you can certainly vote again!

The contest finalists will be introduced during a live broadcast of That’s Life with Robin Swoboda on Tuesday, May 6 at 10:00am. The winner will be announced at the end of the show.

Go vote!

No comments: