Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Speechless

You all know that I lead an incredibly exciting life, which is obviously why you stop by my blog to read about it. Either that, or I am incredibly pathetic and you enjoy watching this drama unfold, much in the same way that neighbors gather in the middle of the night to watch a house burn to the ground.

Or maybe I’m being a little melodramatic.

I promised I would share with you the details of my five minutes of fame following my appearance on live broadcast local television this morning. Since you can prove that I made this promise because I was foolish enough to put it in writing, I feel obligated to share. I also asked you to vote for me in the Wow A Mom Makeover Contest, so you deserve to hear the agonizing details of my experience.

I got lost on my way to the television studio, I was reprimanded by the security guard at the front door because I drove through the parking lot gate behind another car rather than call him on the intercom, and I got lost trying to find my way inside the studio.

Once I finally got there, I met with the other two finalists. These women were so kind and their stories were so touching that I absolutely hoped that one of them would win the grand prize. I really didn’t want the embarrassment of having all the attention to myself and they both seemed like they really wanted to win. I was praying for them.

Once the show started, I quickly forgot that we were even on television. The host was so articulate and comfortable that she made us feel like we were chatting over coffee in her living room. The host introduced us all together, and we each had a one-on-one interview with her during the show. I’m in such a daze that I can’t even remember what she said to me or what embarrassing words might have escaped my mouth. Luckily for you, I taped the show, so I’ll watch it tonight and fill you in tomorrow.

The grand prize winner was announced at the end of the show and

Drumroll…

Please…

It was me!

I won a complete make-over, which will include a personal fitness trainer, sessions with a beauty consultant, laser skin treatments, teeth whitening, and the typical hair, nails, and make-up. I also won free house cleaning service, tickets for a girls night out, and other prizes that they haven’t even explained to me yet!

I’m in complete awe.

The entire makeover process will take about six weeks and will be taped for my further embarrassment. I have an appointment with the personal trainer this Friday to begin my journey.

I’ll keep you all posted.

Thanks again for your votes!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

YEA! Congrats!! Hope you enjoy all of your prizes. If you dont need the house cleaning service send them my way!!

Unknown said...

Yay!!! I am SO excited for you!!!!! I'd be most excited about the house cleaning service. Can't wait to watch the process via the blog!

Lynette3boys said...

OMG! I haven't visited your blog in awhile and look at what I have been missing! Congratulations - that is SO cool. Looking forward to hearing the details.