Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Clean Gene

Every once in awhile, I make a small effort to unclutter the house. Last night, I decided it was time to organize the magazine rack and pitch any publication that was more than 6 months old.

As I sorted through my collection, I thought it would be great fun to let David help me. We sat on the living room floor together and searched the magazines for photos of babies. Since my collection consists of Parenting, American Baby and Newsweek, it wasn’t too difficult to find a couple baby photos.

When that got old, Mommy thought it might be fun to tear up the magazines, crumple the pages, and throw the paper into the air like confetti. So Mommy and David ripped and crumple and threw and danced in the rain of magazine pages.

After a couple of moments of reckless abandon, David picked up a crumpled magazine page and toddled into the kitchen. A minute later, he reappeared, empty-handed. He gingerly selected another crumpled magazine page and toddled back into the kitchen. He repeated the process over and over again for the next 20 minutes.

He was taking the mess to the garbage can.

This just proves how fortunate we are to have a responsible child in the house to keep a watchful eye on his mischievous mother.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ack! Six months? I HATE throwing away ANY magazine. I might want to re-read it. (yeah right. when?) I guess that's why I don't subscribe to anything right now.