Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hokey Pokey Disease

My Little Prince David is sick with Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. It sounds like something you might catch while dancing the Hokey Pokey but it’s really something you get from germy hands and germy diaper changing pads, both of which can probably be found in our daycare center.

David spent the day at home with Daddy today and he will spend the day with Mommy tomorrow. I cringe because my boss is never graceful about letting me take time off from work and she already has her panties in a bunch over all my makeover appointments. It really breaks my heart that I have to choose between being a good employee and being a good mother. It’s obviously an easy choice since I only have one baby but I can work anywhere, but I really wish I could have some work-life balance and keep the job that I have.

Anyway, you won’t be reading a blog post here on Thursday because I’ll be at home with a feverish, drooling, lethargic toddler. Don’t feel bad for me because we’ll be cuddled up in bed together watching Sesame Street. I feel bad for you because you’ll have to drag yourself out of bed and shower on Thursday. I won’t.

Ha!

No comments: